The PORTABOOM® is an electronic portable boom gate designed for safer temporary traffic control. The boom gate is controlled from a safe zone by a wireless remote, which removes the need for a traffic controller to be directly exposed to active roads.
PORTABOOM® is easy to operate and a highly visible, physical traffic barrier which enables worksites to replace unsafe stop/slow practices. PORTABOOM® units are remotely controlled onsite by a traffic controller at a safe distance from active work sites, which uphold the safety of not only the traffic controller but also the general public.
RPM Hire can help with PORTABOOM® hire, delivery and set up to help safely manage traffic for your next project. Contact team online today.
- Redefines safety and best practice
- Easy to set-up, no tools required
- Rapid deployment. It takes less than 3 mins to set up the portaboom.
- Traffic controllers have more mobility onsite to conduct regular sign checks, assist pedestrians and local residents
- Traffic controllers have greater productivity onsite
- Reduces fatigue and enhances the alertness of traffic controllers
- Provides superior workzone protection
- The physical barrier provides the ability to implement a rapid site shut down, securing the workzone
- Provides a clear instruction for motorists to slow down upon approach to the workzone
- The PORTABOOM® tower is made from strong powder coated steel and is bright orange for strong visibility
- Portaboom trailer delivery and pick up options
PORTABOOM® can be used for number a different applications including:
PORTABOOM® measurements listed below
- LED Boom Lights – For enhanced visibility or night time operations
- Solar Panel Kit – For continuous operation without charging
- GSM Mobile Phone Access Controller – For remote access outside of normal hours
- Keypad Access Controller – For authorised staff access (up to 8000 different PIN’s)
- All-Terrain Wheels – For off-road terrain
The PORTABOOM® has a full certificate issued by Transport Infrastructure Product Evaluation Scheme (TIPES), received on 15th July 2016.
As traffic access cites, the PORTABOOM® is nationally approved by the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) for use on all federal, state and local roads in Australia.
PORTABOOM® is a patented, portable boom gate specifically designed for all temporary traffic control scenarios, replacing unsafe stop/slow methods.
The Portaboom unit can be controlled manually, via remote control, keypad access controller or via GSM mobile phone access controller.
RPM Hire have a large range of traffic management equipment available for hire including road safety barriers, such as crash cushions, concrete barriers and steel barriers, water filled barriers, HighwayGuard, klemmfix, lighting solutions, variable message signs, variable speed limit signs, arrow boards, cctv trailer, portable traffic lights and more.
We can help with every step of the process!
It’s simple, we are here to help! What’s most valuable to us is that you, the customer, get the maximum return from using our products. We are available via phone or email to help you out along the way!
Call today for a free quote!