Concrete Barriers Vs Water Filled Barriers – Which One Should I Hire?Ashley Woodcock
There are clear and concise differences between concrete barriers and water filled barriers. It’s not so much a case of which one is better, rather when to use either product. Certain key features in each product make them optimal for particular construction jobs, worksites, traffic control, and event control. If you’re or looking for concrete barrier hire or water barrier hire, but you’re not entirely sure which one suits the task at hand, we’ll give you the exact information and detail required to get the job done in the most efficient manner.
Water Filled Barriers
RPM Hire’s water filled barriers have a large spectrum of benefits making this product incredibly versatile. The deployment rate at 120 m per hour makes the water filled barrier hire cost and time effective. For a work or construction site, time is your greatest enemy; a quick deployment could save the company thousands of dollars.
Water filled barriers have a low deflection rate, absorbing the shock rather than dispersing it back onto the cause of the impact. Built for lower speeds of 50 kmph, this product is designed for inner-city worksites or suburban areas rather than highways. The barriers come in bright orange providing optimal visibility, and, as a bonus, RPM Hire’s water filled barriers are 100 % recyclable.
- The water element inside the product implements a low deflection and high impact absorption resulting in maximum safety for motorists, workers, and pedestrians.
- Simple, time and cost-effective deployment rate of 120 m per hour.
- Suitable for inner-city work and construction sites or roads under a 50 km speed limit.
- Smooth design, built with an anti-tampering plug to combat vandalism.
- Maximised visibility and environmentally friendly.
- Suitable for events, traffic control, roadworks, work and construction sites.
Concrete barriers are suitable for high-speed areas, unlike water filled barriers. With very little flex, concrete barriers are the safest product type for roadside and construction workers. As an employer, creating a safe environment for employees should be at the forefront of importance.
Concrete barriers ensue a low maintenance cost due to their heavy stature and durability. Replacing roadside equipment is a costly protocol, delaying the forecasted conclusion of the job. RPM Hire has streamlined concrete barrier deployment, but this can be a drawn-out process for some equipment hire companies. During a consultation, ensure you discuss this matter as it may play a part in your final decision.
RPM Hire uses JJ Hooks and DeltaBloc (DB80), which come with a range of installation options from free-standing, bolted, and pinned. With concrete barrier hire, you can choose from a range of attachments that will fit their application requirements. For suburban areas subject to noise pollution, screening and fencing can reduce complaints and increase privacy and safety. RPM Hire also provides the option to install Absorb 350 Crash Cushions or Smart Crash Cushions guaranteeing extra safety for motorists and workers on the other side of the barrier.
- Significantly improved safety for workers in construction work zones
- Concrete road barriers have a low maintenance cost
- Compliant with Australian road standards
- Provides a high level of containment and protection
- A range of installation options; barriers can be free-standing, bolted, or pinned
- Easy to replace a damaged barrier
- Optional Gawk Screens available to hire
- Optional End Treatments available to hire
Concrete Barriers Vs Water Filled Barriers – Which One Should I Hire?
If you’re unsure whether to hire water filled barriers or side with concrete barrier hire, ask yourself the following questions;
- What is the speed limit in the area of application?
- What is the purpose of the barriers? Is it for construction, road works, events?
- Are you looking for fast deployment for a quick one-off job?
- Does maximised visibility play a role?
- Do the barriers need to be bolted in, freestanding or pinned?
Once you have understood what you’re looking for, the best way to come to an agreement is to speak to a professional. Our staff are ready to answer any question and queries about concrete barrier hire and water filled barrier hire. Call RPM Hire for a free consultation today.